Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009

My goal today was to run and not get weary! I was hoping that my horrible side ache would stay away, so I decided to take it easy and focus on my breathing. I ran the entire 5 miles without a side ache, however there were a few times that I could feel my breathing tighten up and I began to stress that the side ache would return. By following a couple techniques I read on the Internet I was able to keep the side ache from returning. I think my biggest problem was: I must have pulled a muscle where the side ache occurred yesterday, because it was a little tender all day.

My goal for the next two days is stay away from the sugar! I really want to run 11 miles with Kim on Saturday, but if I keep eating sugar I will be dead on the road.
I have to be proud of myself because I ran THE HILL again! I just cannot leave it alone, it is a challenge and I love personal challenges. This time it was at the beginning of the run and I am happy to say that I remained in a vertical position today, and my legs did not burn quite as bad.
One more day down and another problem overcome!!! HOORAY for me!

1 comment: