Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009

Today I ran a 5 mile run in approximately 54 minutes, which is about 10.8 min mile. I am A-OK with this. In fact that is way faster than I was hoping for so "hooray for me". The first 2.5 miles were torture. I ran over the overpass and thought I was going to die, then I ran up another very steep hill and knew for sure I was going to die. The hill was about the same steepness as the Dam 5K hill, but much shorter. When I finally made it up to the top it felt so good to breath again that I made great time the rest of the way. Can I just say I hate hills and will not willingly run one on purpose anytime soon. I am so glad the 1/2 marathon is, for the most part, down hill.

1 comment:

  1. I am only faster than you because I am running on flat land. And only by 20 seconds.

    ReplyDelete