On Friday Kim and I ran 8 miles. Never in my life did I think I would be able run 8 miles without stopping. I am so proud of ourselves. It feels good to put your mind to something and actually accomplish it. We ran it in 1:35, not a speed race by any means, but great for me!
After our long vacation of little sleep I finally slept in and it felt great, however this prevented me from running in the morning. I just could not bring myself to run in 100 degree weather! I took a great nap and felt rested and revived by 8:00 so I decided to run tonight. It was great, in fact I am very bummed I didn't time it because I think I beat my fastest time while running a three mile. I know I left my house at around 8:57 and walked back in the door at 9:28. After my three mile I walk a quarter of a mile back home, so I am thinking that I ran it in around 28 plus minutes. Yeah for me! I will have to take my watch on Thursday and time myself, seems how this will be my last three mile run for a couple of weeks.
I am just so glad I didn't not give into my mind today and I accomplished one more hurdle. MIND OVER BODY!!!
After our long vacation of little sleep I finally slept in and it felt great, however this prevented me from running in the morning. I just could not bring myself to run in 100 degree weather! I took a great nap and felt rested and revived by 8:00 so I decided to run tonight. It was great, in fact I am very bummed I didn't time it because I think I beat my fastest time while running a three mile. I know I left my house at around 8:57 and walked back in the door at 9:28. After my three mile I walk a quarter of a mile back home, so I am thinking that I ran it in around 28 plus minutes. Yeah for me! I will have to take my watch on Thursday and time myself, seems how this will be my last three mile run for a couple of weeks.
I am just so glad I didn't not give into my mind today and I accomplished one more hurdle. MIND OVER BODY!!!
Good job! You are so fast.
ReplyDelete