Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13, 2009

This is the week that either I pay the money or give-up. Well giving up is not in my vocabulary so I guess I need to pay the money and off to the half marathon I go. I decided to run on the treadmill today because I needed to use mom's sewing machine after. I haven't ran on the treadmill for quite a while so it was like a new experience. It is so different running on the treadmill, and twice as hard. I ran 3 miles in 31:42. I am ok with this, my goal was to beat my previous time and hopefully keep it under a 11 min mile. Yes I did it! I'm not so sure I could possibly go much faster my legs could barely keep up with the pace of the treadmill and I was extremely tired when I finished. I had to keep the speed at around 5.7 the entire time.
My biggest fear is that I will injure my knees. After running on Saturday, I road my bike about 12 miles and by the end of the day I could hardly walk. The interesting thing was that my knees didn't hurt at all during the run, but the bike ride killed them. I was nervous today to run, but my knees didn't hurt at all. So I will keep running and possibly stay away from my bike for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Your paying the money! YAY! I am so glad you are doing this with me. It has kept me motivated through my good days and my bad.

    ReplyDelete