We went camping this weekend, and as much as I wanted to run in the mountains, I just could not bring myself to get attacked by bugs after a sweaty hot run. So I waited a day and boy did I pay the price. I still averaged under 11 min miles but I had the worse side ache I think I have ever had. In fact I haven't had a side ache since I started training again. I ran through it, but now that I am home I did a little research, and most sites said to slow your pace and take deep steady breaths. I did not want to walk, but I have to listen to my body and not injure myself.
I think my second problem was eating way too much junk. With the 24th celebrations and camping I ate enough sugar to feed a third world country for a year.
At least at the end of today I can cross off one more four mile run. Hopefully I won't have too many problems tomorrow when I venture out on a 5 mile.
,
I guess we are on the same schedule this week. Listen to your body.
ReplyDelete