Saturday, August 8, 2009

August 8, 2009

Today was a day of dodging thunderstorms. I set my alarm clock for 5:30, but when I got out of bed I realized that it was raining, let me rephrase, it was down pouring! So I went back to bed and slept for another 3 hours. After a long day of touring the Golden Spike park, and a much needed nap I ventured out for my 12 mile run at around 4:00. The thunderstorms had subsided for a moment and I thought I would give it a try. The weather was cool, but very humid. I tried something new this time and ran with Cade's mp3 player, even though it was all kids music it helped to pass the time. I did not avoid the rain completely and it began raining on me at around mile 11. The rain felt good until it started raining so hard I could not keep it out of my eyes, did you know that rain stings your eyes? So I ran 12 miles today in 127 min which is about 10.58 min miles. I am very happy with this time, but I can definitely feel that I will pay the price tomorrow. My legs are soar and my feet hurt, I think I am going to have to break down and buy new shoes.

1 comment:

  1. What an incredable time. We are there! We can do this.

    ReplyDelete