Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 5, 2009

What a day!! I ran 6 miles today that, in it self, is quite an accomplishment. If you asked me 7 weeks ago if I could run 6 miles I would have laughed. But I did it today in 58:40 which is about 9.78 min miles WOW! I really pushed myself, and I have to say that I could not have run one extra step by the time I was finished, but I am happy to know that I can now run 6 miles in under 10 min miles. I even slowed down to pick up a $150 Oakley sunglasses, and had water go UP my nose, which through me off for a couple of seconds. So, not only did I run a great run, but I also have a new pair of sunglasses, for Craig or who ever wants them.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! What a great time. And killer deal on the sunglasses. Definitely worth the few extra seconds on your time. I am not going till tonight, but we have a serious athlete joining our running group so maybe she can push us.

    ReplyDelete