Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling Like an ICICLE!!

Kim state she was feeling like a snowman, I have to say it was more like an ICICLE! It was cold today. We ran 7.5 miles and three of those miles were in the wind. BURRRR!!! The worst part was not the run but my eyes were watering and then it felt like the tears were freezing to my face. I have to say I don't think I will run in the cold again for a while. As much as I detest long runs on the treadmill I more so detest the cold.

The best part of the run was having someone to run with me. Thank you Kim. I wish you lived closer.

While we were running Kim stated that it is not the final marathon that is the accomplishment but the process it takes to get there. I have to agree. It takes a lot of mind power to drag yourself out of bed to beat the heat, or bundle up in twenty layers to fight the cold to train. When the training is finished we will have ran 330 miles plus the 26.2 mile marathon for a total of 356.2 miles total. This does not even include the easy walk days. That is an accomplishment in it self.

1 comment: