Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 23, 2009

By pure luck my uncle Charlie came across a great deal on a treadmill and I decided we had better jump on it. I am now the new owner of a fabulous treadmill, that is worth three times what I paid for it. It has everything I could ever want including Tread Soft, which is designed to help absorb the impact of on your knees.

I had no idea what I was missing until I ran the first day on the new treadmill. I don't know what makes it so different, but it felt like I could run for hours. The first run I played around with the speeds and I also did a 5 minute warm up, so I am not sure on my exact time. My second run I decided to try a preprogram. This was quite a work out, I chose a high speed with a lower incline, but let me tell you I could feel the burn with each time the treadmill changed inclines. Again I felt like I could keep going, it was wonderful. On my third run, I decided it was time to see how I can do running at a constant speed. Because the treadmill is easier to run on I set it at a higher rate and off I went. I won't say it wasn't tiring, but I did it, and somehow managed my best time ever on a treadmill at 28 min 40 sec.

The best part of the new treadmill is I don't have to load my kids in the car, venture out into the freezing cold. On the average it took me about an hour total, now I can be finished in 30 minutes shower and be ready for the day in an hour. What a great feeling. I am still struggling with the motivation of it all but at least it is a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment